The Creative Process for a Brand Film

By January 25, 2019video production

Videos are 50 times more likely to drive organic search results as opposed to plain text and therefore are essential in promoting a company’s message, product or service. It’s also worth noting that 65% of decision makers within a business visit a marketer’s website after viewing a branded video. As you can see, video is the driving force of modern marketing, which is why we have been seeing an increase in video production companies ⎯ people just don’t consume media like they did a few years back.

Let’s break that last sentence down: In 2019, video is expected to represent 80% of all internet traffic. That’s insane, especially because there are already statistics out there that show that only 20% of site visitors read text; the other 80% would much rather watch a video. If your company has been neglecting using branded videos because you don’t know where to start, it’s time to look around for some of the best video production companies to help you keep up with the evolving world of digital marketing.

Here are some of the steps involved in the creative process of creating a jaw-dropping brand film that will help get your company’s name out there and build your client base.

Planning Your Video

The first step in creating a brand video is planning. This stage consists of different steps that prepare your vision for the storyboard. One of the very first things you should do when in the planning stage is to determine who your target audience will be. Video production companies don’t just blindly create branded videos, they determine who it is they want to reach and what markets they want to tap into.

Once you’ve nailed down your target audience, it’s time to research your competitors to see what they’re doing right and what weaknesses you can capitalize on. Video production companies study various branded videos to see what they can do to their own videos in order to make them successful.

These first steps are the most crucial and are required before you get to the real fun stuff. Here are the creative steps that you should take after pinning down your audience and doing your research.

Script Writing

Like any other video, your brand video is going to need a strong script to help the video production team understand the story and direction you’re wanting to take. Video production companies need to put their best writers forward, and everything needs to be included from the end goal of the video to facts, statistics and claims that help push your brands agenda.

Storyboarding

This storyboard acts as a script for the video production team and helps them get an idea of what the visuals will look like. The key to a good execution is a killer storyboard, so don’t rush this step.

Casting Talent

Of course, this step depends on the type of video you’re planning to create. If you want to go for a more commercial-type live action video, you’ll want to cast some talented actors. However, if you’re wanting to take an animated approach to your brand video, you might be well off with simply hiring voice actors, and that takes us to the next step.

Creating Graphics and Assets

If you’re choosing to create an animated video, you’re going to need to create your assets in advance to prepare you for production. Use the script and storyboard to determine what your assets will look like and exactly what graphics you’ll need to create for your video.

The creative process that takes place during the creation of a branded video is what’s going to make or break your video. If you’re looking to create a stunning brand video for your company but don’t know where to start, contact us here at Fusion 360 Studios ⎯ we’ll help get your name out there in style.

Leave a Reply